How to Get Started with Alternative App Stores (AppGallery, GetApps, and Samsung Galaxy Store)?
Alternative app stores can be defined as very advantageous platforms to start new applications and increase big brand interaction. Brands aim to develop their app stores, like Huawei's AppGallery and Xiaomi's GetApps. The reasons for starting to work with alternative app stores are given below.
- Each brand can create its app store.
- It is easier to stand out in alternative app stores.
- China etc. local markets can be accessed.
Let’s have a look at how to get started with alternative app stores (AppGallery, GetApps, and Samsung Galaxy Store).
AppGallery is a store used by 580 million users worldwide. This store has promotions, contests, and other marketing activities. First, you register with AppGallery as an individual developer or as a company. Next, the information must be entered and the scanned version of the passport and bank statement must be uploaded. Results are ready in 1 – 2 days.
AppGallery Metadata Needs
- Title: 64 characters
- Short Description: 80 characters
- Full Description: 8000 characters
- Icon: Size must be 216×216 or 512×512.
- Supported format: .png, maximum 2 MB.
- Screenshots: 3- 8 images
- Size: 800x450 or 450x800
AppGallery is similar to Google Play in many ways.
GetApps is an alternative to Google Play for smartphones like Xiaomi and Redmi. In 2019, the GetApps store is used by more than 12 million users worldwide. GetApps management states that their store offers a dedicated support program for developers who allocate money to help promote new products. If you want to apply to GetApps, the application process usually takes 1 – 2 days.
GetApps Metadata Needs
- Recommended English Character Spacing for GetApps: GetApps does not have a clear criterion for the number of characters in metadata.
- Title: 50 characters
- Short Description: 50 characters. If the short description is written in the form of a question, the application will be rejected.
- Full Description: 4000 characters
- Keywords: Keywords should be 8 keywords not longer than 10 characters. 80 characters should be used for the keyword.
- Icon: Supported image format: .png, resolution: 512×512
- Screenshots: Supported image formats: .png, .jpg, recommended resolution is 1080×2400 or 1080×1920, each image is less than 2 MB in size, 3–8 screenshots.
Samsung Galaxy Store
Samsung Galaxy Store, formerly called Samsung Apps and Galaxy Apps, is an alternative app store for Android and Tizen in 125 countries. This store is pre-installed on all Samsung devices. Primary apps on devices are also installed from this store. Even if you have Google Play, the Samsung Galaxy Store will give updates for existing applications.
Registration in the Samsung Galaxy Store is quite easy. You can register via mail. Applications are approved and immediate access to the platform is provided.
Samsung Galaxy Store Metadata Needs
- Title: 150 characters
- Keywords: 5 keywords with a maximum of 60 characters.
- Full Description: 12,000 characters
Samsung Galaxy Store is similar to Google Play in many ways. For example; screenshots, descriptions, ratings, and reviews.
Unlike other app store alternatives, 12,000 characters are given for description in Samsung Galaxy Store. This factor allows the translation of the description into other languages and the addition of additional keywords.