Discord is where you can make a home for your communities and friends. Where you can stay close and have fun over text, voice, and video chat. Whether you’re part of a school club, a gaming group, a worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends who want to spend time together, Discord makes it easy to talk every day, and hang out more often.
CREATE AN INVITE-ONLY PLACE
• Discord servers are organized into topic-based channels where you can collaborate, share, have meetings, or just talk to friends about your day without clogging up a group chat.
• Send a message directly to a friend or call them up with our voice chat feature
• Voice channels make hanging out easy. Got a free moment? Grab a seat in a voice channel so friends can see you’re around and pop in to talk without having to call. You can even watch videos together!
• Reliable tech for staying close with friends. Low-latency voice and video chat feels like you’re meeting in the same room.
• Easily talk with friends while gaming and steam roll the competition.
• Be a meme messenger with easy image sharing
STAY CLOSE WITH TEXT, VIDEO, AND VOICE CHAT
• Wave hello over video, watch friends stream their games, share stories over voice calls, or gather up and have a drawing session with screen share.
• Snap a photo and turn it into your own custom emojis and share them with friends.
• Share anything from funny videos and stories to your latest group photos, and pin your favorites to remember those moments later.
• Hang out in group channels or talk privately with direct messages
• Zoom through convos with friends using topic-specific channels!
FOR A FEW OR A FANDOM
• Custom moderation tools and permission levels can group up your friends or teams, organize meetings for your local book club, or bring together music fans from around the world.
• Create moderators, give special members access to private channels, and much more.
Discord, Inc. released v207 for Discord - Chat, Talk & Hangout 5 days ago and here's their update message:
We’ve been hard at work making Discord better for you. This includes bug fixes and performance enhancements. For more detailed information, go to your profile in the app and scroll down to “What’s New”.
i love discord but, i hate the new thing where if you wanna see who’s online in the server you have to click top. i just want to slide to the left. it feels clunky.
silly lil fella
on discord shows the load icon but never loads , it has been like this for days, please fix
Murder mystery lady!
I really hope they have, or will introduce, an option to opt out of this awful new layout for the app. It is no longer intuitive to find where notifications are coming from; navigating servers with more than 5 or so text channels is a nightmare; it’s hard to see who is online; I can’t navigate my dms. Until a rollback or better, more user-friendly design is implemented, I will be using the desktop version only. I hope to god they don’t update the desktop app to look like what my iPhone app has.
Newest IOS update is terrible. The new layout is nauseating to navigate, even after a week of use. Also feels like features are tucked away into far away corners you have to reach for. Want to lower your mic sensitivity/volume? Well gone are the days of simply swiping up in your call and easily controlling it instantly, now you have to dig around in your settings before you can adjust those. Watching a stream and the audio is too loud or quiet? Well you can’t just swipe up and adjust the stream settings anymore, thats just too convenient, now you have to dig around in your settings again to touch that, because that makes sense. The whole overhaul of the layout is a joke, don’t understand why y’all feel a need to change the existing layout at all, but this is not the way to do it. Whoever designed this new layout, should be laid off, they’re literally just making an inferior layout in every shape and form, i’m shocked this isn’t an april fools joke, the new layout is seriously that terrible.
This app is absolutely amazing, even with the pandemic I could hang out with my friends and even make more. This app really helped me though a hard part of my life so I want to thank discord and all the friends it connected me with.
I’m paying monthly for nitro for better stream quality, and in return they are giving me an extremely zoomed in picture. It doesn’t matter if I’m portrait or landscape, I can’t see the full stream. It shows normal zoom when I view the stream with all the video participants, but then it’s only on a tiny portion of my screen. Another annoying thing is the green bar that goes across my screen that says, ”watching (streamer) stream: (server I’m in)” when watching a stream, it’s really annoying and overly bright so when there is a dark game I can’t see anything.
I stream stuff with friends going to bed. There’s no streaming option anymore.
For mobile, it zooms in on the screen when viewing someone’s stream. Can’t get out and nothing fixes it. I tried updating discord and my iPhone. When it’s in mini mode it’s the right view but when you click on to the stream it goes close again
Can’t change the language, I can’t read anything, it shows English language in settings but it’s still in a foreign language, so I can’t look up anything about the game or talk with anyone, because everyone who reads English doesn’t use the app because they can’t read it, so you can’t release the hero for setting up an account