Use the Amazon Alexa app to manage Alexa-enabled devices, control music playback, view shopping lists on the go, keep track of upcoming reminders, check on active timers and much more. When you enable hands-free with Alexa, you can talk to Alexa by simply saying “Alexa” when the app is on your screen. The more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your voice, vocabulary and personal preferences.
• Get more out of your Echo device through personalized feature recommendations from Alexa
• Discover and enable recommended Alexa skills
• Pick up where you left off directly from the home feed with lists, shopping, or recently played Music and Books
MANAGE YOUR DEVICES
• Set up your Alexa-enabled devices, control or check status of your compatible smart lights, locks and thermostats at home or on the go
• Create routines to automate your smart home devices
MUSIC & BOOKS
• Connect to music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Choose a song or playlist and listen on your Alexa-enabled devices
• Create speaker groups to play music across your compatible Echo devices for multi-room music
ORGANIZE YOUR DAY
• View and edit shopping and to-do lists on the go, get weather and news updates, manage timers and alarms, and more
• Use Drop In from your app to connect instantly with your compatible Echo devices, like a two-way intercom
• Call or message supported Alexa-enabled devices, at no additional cost.
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse), Privacy Notice (www.amazon.com/privacy), and all of the terms found here (www.amazon.com/alexaterms).
AMZN Mobile LLC released v2.2.579721.0 for Amazon Alexa 4 days ago and here's their update message:
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
I use the app primarily for the Kindle Assistive Reader function which I absolutely love. It allows me to continue enjoying my stories when I am doing things that I can’t do while physically reading. I can clean, drive, walk, and work out while listening to Alexa narrate my current kindle read. However it has major bug issues. Sometimes it will skip back in the book and reread a part of the book that was just read. It happens quite often. And it’s a pain trying to fast forward back to the spot that you were originally at, just for it to do it again some time later. And using the rewind/forward button is troubling because it doesn’t work well. It will freeze, lag or just not respond altogether. The app also doesn’t respond well to you pausing and then trying to play the audio again. Most times it will close the app while on pause, making you go back and opening the app to get back to where you were reading and 9/10 It does not continue at the spot you left it off at. I hope something can be done about this because this feature has made reading much more efficient for me ! It would me amazing if it was easier to use
I can see everything linked from my Spotify and my Amazon but when I try to use it it says it needs to be added even though it is. I can see my Amazon orders are delivered yet it tells me I I have none. It’s too expensive to be this terrible
Too too many problems with Alexa!!!
It has been a normal practice for us to add to various lists by speaking to Alexa at multiple locations so we could order intelligently by viewing lists on a large screen. Now it’s unusable because we need to scroll on a phone screen without the ability to cut and paste easily.
I am unable to update alarms or create a alarm on my echo dot. Please fix this.
Biggest pain in the add ever. Finally threw it in the garbage
looking for forever
I practically only use Alexa for Spotify to wake me up in the morning and your system has been bugging for the past month with only signs of worsening- fix your connectivity to Spotify. Amazon music ain’t it
Since update I can not play all my speakers at once now, it’s erased all my routines, it’s telling me I have to update all devices but all day their up to date. Worst update ever.
Never works correctly
Things are just slow to load. The scroll function is lagging. Also devices keep disconnecting.